Please scroll down for notices of upcoming events.
Where did Earth get its water ocean and how did life start? (Based on a PBS Program about Comets, 11/22/2013)[Click here for the answer]
The answer given by Evolutionist Astronomers is that it is most likely that comets bombarded the Earth billions of years ago and life started with the building blocks of chemical elements necessary that are known to be contained in the comets. They have measured the presence of water and carbon compounds that life contains. If folks would remember what historians wrote about an approaching bright comet in the last century or so, people thought that they would die and so they gathered themselves together and awaited a trip to another world by aliens and some committed suicide. Why did a couple of groups of people do this? Astronomers found that a particular comet contained cyanide elements and so they believed that people could die from poison gas if the comet came close enough to the earth. Many people bought gas masks in order to survive. Sounds a lot like the panic of “Y2K” in the beginning of year 2000.
The earth’s oceans had to come from somewhere, so the massive (relatively speaking) amounts of water and dust in comets were the source.
That brings us to ask a few questions:
1. How many comets would it take to hit the Earth to supply all the water in the oceans that we have now?
2. Why does Mars have no ocean of any kind? (Oh, we have an answer. Mars lost its water to evaporation and lack of any significant atmosphere.)
3. How many comets have hit the Earth in history that man could have recorded?
4. Where do comets come from and why do they have only a few orbits around the Sun before they are all dissipated? (Oh, once again we have an answer: Comets come from the Oort Cloud. Where is that” They don’t know. How big is it? They don’t know. What perturbs them into leaving the cloud and circle the Sun? They don’t know.
5. How do we know that enough comets hit the Earth billions of years ago and supplied the water for Earth’s Oceans?
Let’s consider some things that we do know. (Does this require faith just like the beliefs of Evolutionists?)
1. According to the Scripture in various passages in both Old Testament and New Testament, we know that the Earth was created with water on the First Day.
2. God separated the water and allowed dry land to appear.
3. God separated the waters (oceans) below from the Oceans above the firmament. This seems by Hebrew context and the text understanding, that the water above is the edge of the Universe. (Some Biblical scholars would dispute this, but we have our opinions and not much actual evidence, other than what we are told in the scriptures.)
4. God placed all the heavenly objects in the Firmament (expanse, space, the thing that was stretched out from the vicinity of the Earth) on the Fourth Day.
5. The Earth will be hit by an object from the Heavens (outer space) and its name is Wormwood and it will indeed be poisonous to all of earth’s water.
What conclusions can we draw from what we are told by our professors in Astronomy and the Sciences as opposed to what the scriptures tell us? We should be able to conclude that the astronomers have next to no evidences that are convincing. We also can conclude that Astronomers who are also Evolutionists will not accept what the Scriptures say regarding heavenly objects and where the water (oceans of water) came from. We can also conclude that theories change as we look that the panic of people regarding astronomy predictions and that story about Martians invading earth (Orson Wells fame). So, based on what we know and don’t know, we have a few choices:
· Believe the astronomers
· Believe the scriptures and what God said
· Believe in your own theories and ignore the first 2 choices.
· Or, lastly, assume that it doesn’t matter, who cares, and why do I need to make a decision? (Ids ignorance bliss, maybe, maybe not.)
(Questions will be posted in the beginning of the month or after the monthly General meeting and answers will be posted just before or after the Monthly Meeting date. If you have a question that you think would be of general audience interest, please e-mail us the question. email@example.com )
Be sure and check out our Book Reviews, Article Critiques, and latest PowerPoint Presentations under the “Resources” category! We update these categories with new issues frequently. We have a new link to Mark DeSpain’s web site featuring videos of past issues and presentations (Look under our videos section). More videos are being added frequently.
Feel free to use any of our archive resources listed above for noncommercial educational purposes only. However, if you copy anything from our archives, please identify the source of this material. CSFNM is not responsible for any mis-use or revisions of copied material, Thank you.
General Meetings are always the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM, unless otherwise posted. The location is Faith Bible Church, 9600 Central (SE corner of Moon & Central), unless otherwise indicated. Any special meetings will be announced on this web site or by e-mail.
January 21st 2014 Creation Science Fellowship General Monthly Meeting
January 21, 2014[Click here for more info]
This month’s speaker will be Dr. John Doughty, a current CSFNM Board Member and Educator, who will be giving an update on NM gas wells analyses and implications to Creation Science and the age of the earth. Meeting will be held at Faith Bible Church (Moon and Central, 9600 Central Ave.) at 7:00 PM. Meeting is open to all who are interested in what research is going on and what the conclusions are that would impact scientific theories.
February 18th, 2014 Creation Science Fellowship General Monthly Meeting
February 18, 2014[Click here for more info]
This month’s speaker will be John Garth, a Board Member and physicist, who will be speaking on the Importance of Creation and Science Disciplines. The Meeting will be at Faith Bible Church (Moon and Central, 9600 Central Ave.) at 7:00 PM. Stay tuned for further information as the meeting date draws near.
Our Creation Friends
- All About Archaeology
- Answers in Genesis
- Arizona Origin Science Association
- Biblical and Scientific Presentations by Ray Mondragon
- Creation Ministries International (CMI)
- Creation Ministries, How old is the earth?
- Creation Science
- Discover Creation (Alpha-Omega)
- Discovery Institute
- His Place Community Church
- Intelligent Design Network, NM
- Kent Powderly Books
- Kids 4 Truth
- Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship
- The Creation Research Society
- The Institute for Creation Research